South Korean Education System, Suicide, and Plastic Surgery

Monday, October 24, 2011


I've been really interested about how's life in Korea. Since I am a kpop fan, sometimes I wish I could live in Korea as a teen. But, what I really notice is that most of their actors, actresses, and singers have undergone plastic surgery, that's why we could say that they're really beautiful. For me, it's kind of normal for those famous people to have surgery, for that is a part of their job. And I also understand that plastic surgery there is just as common as make-up here. But, what I really did not expect was high school students there desire also to have surgery, and one of the most common reason --- to have a boyfriend. (??) I mean, seriously. There's more to life than looking for a boyfriend. That's what Dr. Jose Rizal said, that it's sad to know that women desire to be beautiful, thinking about their outward appearance than having a desire to learn. But I think I could not blame them because that is what they learned and saw as they grow up --- that beauty is a super big deal. When actually it's not.
Well, I can do nothing about it. Let them live their own life but it is necessary to warn them, and their decision is up to them. :)


P.S. I, or most of us, love small eyes. :) 

0 comments:

Post a Comment